Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>, "scottmcleman36@gmail.com" <scottmcleman36@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ
From: Trent Sampson <vk4ts@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:35:40 +0000
https://www.cqwpx.com/scoresph.htm?yr=1984&cat=SH%20ALL

Way back in 1984 CQWPX, out of the blue, a VK2 was the number one in the world
in SOAB - these days we dream of that happening - The chances are very slim -
the realistic position at best top 20 - the rule "competing for a top five
finish at the (a) World, (b) Continent, or (c) USA levels, including Classic
Overlay, must record the transmitted and received audio"

Not even Nostradamus could predict a top five finish given the variables -
again it is a totally dumb rule - Until the logs are mashed together we have no
idea of standings. Use the SDR recordings - if they exist- but for Pete's sake
get rid of this rule.

No offence meant to any Pete's 😊

Regards

Trent VK4TS