Re: [CQ-Contest] Merging Social Media and Contesting

To: peter.voelpel@t-online.de, 'Edward Sawyer' <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Merging Social Media and Contesting
From: ku8e <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 23:38:53 -0400
I saw The W2RE RHR video after the contest. There were also several other
stations live streaming on YouTube during ARRL DX SSB.  Some of those stations
had the camera focused on their radio which showed what frequency they were on.
Ray didn't show his frequency and mentioned the reason why several times. On
the live chat that was up someone asked what frequency he was on and he didn't
tell them. He did comment "I suppose you could look at the spotting network"
but he never specifically asked any one to do that. I would consider that just
a off the cuff remark. Anyone watching the live streaming who really wanted to
know could have found out where Ray was without even asking him. So I guess I
don't get why anyone would accuse him of cheating. JeffSent from my Verizon,
Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: dj7ww@t-online.de Date: 3/11/20  8:35
PM  (GMT-05:00) To: 'Edward Sawyer' <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>,
cq-contest@contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Merging Social Media and
Contesting Ed, what numerous rules violations do you have in mind?So far I am
not aware of any.73Peter-----Original Message-----From:
CQ-Contest[mailto:cq-contest-bounces+dj7ww=t-online.de@contesting.com] On
Behalf OfEdward SawyerI would suggest that anyone curious take a listen to the
live streamrecording on YouTube and look at the interaction Ray has with the
"live chatroom" on his website with the contacts being made.Asking people to
look for him on the Cluster to see where he is.Even as an assisted operation,
it demonstrates numerous rules violations