Re: [CQ-Contest] Excessive Bandwidth

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Excessive Bandwidth
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 05:54:56 +0000
I think that intentionally posting busted spots to the network is a bad idea.

Perhaps making use of the classic spotting networks' announcement feature might
work better ("WA1XYZ keyclicks 20m"), although I don't know that contest
loggers are set up to easily make use of the announce functionality.

But it would be a way to provide an automatically-logged way to register
concern about a bad signal or other issues that doesn't reward the problem
stations with the benefit of a spot.   The contest committee can grab such
complaints from a node's logs, and check the band recordings when they become
available.

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org