Re: [CQ-Contest] "please copy" - aarrggghhh!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "please copy" - aarrggghhh!
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 14:39:16 -0700
On 6/27/2021 6:32 AM, Charles Gallo wrote:
it is not a real contest

That's been ARRL's big lie for decades. But it IS a contest, and probably the most important one to hams, because it's usually their first exposure, where they learn either good or bad habits. And for some, like most of us, it was the gateway drug!

I'm quite lucky -- not only was the club in the town where I grew up very nurturing to new hams, but also because it included at least one good contester who trained me right!

73, Jim K9YC