Re: [CQ-Contest] "please copy" - aarrggghhh!

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "please copy" - aarrggghhh!
From: Stanley Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 21:53:38 -0400
Jim,

I respectfully disagree about FD being a contest. This has been discussed
thoroughly in many forums. In a contest there are winners. There are no winners
declared in FD, just high scores. There are no awards or even certificates. You
can receive points for non-radio activities.

FD is a public display of amateur radio and its capabilities. Scores are kept
so that comparisons can be made of how well each group has accomplished that.

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."