Re: [CQ-Contest] Reciprocity in signal strength

To: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reciprocity in signal strength
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 07:55:58 -0600
I have occasionally observed times on 10 and 6 meters when signals seem
much stronger in one direction than the other. This is measurable to some
extent by the signal reports on FT8. It usually corrects after a half hour
or so. Sometimes it repeats the same pattern at the same time the next day.
The only plausible explanation I have heard is “tilt in the ionosphere.

Chuck W5PR