Re: [CQ-Contest] Reciprocity in signal strength

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reciprocity in signal strength
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 09:41:59 -0600
I just had a chance to measure my noise level during a widespread power outage. On 20 meters, it's 5 to 19 dB lower than normal, depending on direction. So, if you're in a really quiet location to my west, you're going to need 19 dB more power to get above my noise level that I do to get above yours. Either that, of 19 db of non-recriprocal propagation. Unless I can track down that big noise source.

(I'm in the middle of the city, surrounded by overhead power lines.)

73,
Scott