[ct-user] Bug in C2A.EXE?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Bug in C2A.EXE?
From: Rob Kennedy" <amtor@hotmail.com (Rob Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:16:15 -0500
Jim,

I agree that it is NOT a trivial matter to write a callsign to country
parser.   But I do NOT think you need to do so in order to create a proper
ADIF file.

When exporting the data from a CT .BIN file into an ADIF File, C2A.EXE
should examine each record for each QSO in the .BIN file, check for
abbreviations for Canadian Provinces and place these abbreviations in the
Canadian field of the ADIF file NOT the US state field.  C2A does NOT need
to check the prefix of the callsign and determine that it is a Canadian
callsign.

e.g  Anytime C2A sees BC it should place it in the Canadian Province field
of the ADIF file NOT the US state field (regardless of the callsign).  I
don't think that the code to do this would be that difficult.

If LOGCONV converts a CT .BIN file correctly into an ADIF file, I would
think it would use such a technique.  I doubt LOGCONV would use a callsign
to country parser program for the reasons you mentioned.

73's

Rob

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>