[ct-user] Has anybody used a Dell System with CT?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Has anybody used a Dell System with CT?
From: Mike Walker <mwalker@interlog.com> (Mike Walker)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:30:08 -0500
Brian

I've  used Log-EQF (great package) as well, but not with CW.  It would be
interesting to know if it is flawless at higher speeds.   With Radio
communication and packet communication as well, it is no problem.  No one
cares if the radio update takes 500msec to happen, but with CW it is more
realtime.  Same for the rotator.  DX4Win does CW as well under windows.

For all software vendors, doing timing critical functions under Windows
(what ever version) is complicated at best.  Most items can be solved by
throwing money at them.  What price would the average amateur expect to pay
to get this?

The beauty of using DOS is that the software application owns all the
hardware resources, and does not have to depend on a third party.

I've been in the software business for over 20 years and I have learned
that each application has its advantages and its tradeoffs.  Make the best
of the package by using it for what it was designed to do (ie:  what the
author had in mind).

Anyway, we aren't going to fix it here in the short term.

cheers... Mike