[ct-user] Has anybody used a Dell System with CT?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Has anybody used a Dell System with CT?
From: Frank Grossman" <fgrossma@idt.net (Frank Grossman)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 00:27:54 -0500
Thanks Michael...and everyone else who took the time to comment on my
question...

I will consider keeping CT on the 486, and will do that if I can't make it
fully functional on another machine, or if the machine generates too much
RFI.  What I'm trying to do though is get all my ham applications on one
machine and be able to run them without switching cables around.  In
addition, I'd like to have an Internet connection available so my Dad
(W2LOZ) can use the machine for Web surfing and stuff without jumping
through hoops.  So, the issue is to find a machine with two external serial
ports for radio control and packet accessible with DB25 connectors on the
rear panel.  (Will a DB9 do for radio connections, if need be?) and an
internal 56K modem on another port.  I also need a sound card for modes like
PSK31.

73,
Frank
wb2bxo@arrl.net