[ct-user] Has anybody used a Dell System with CT?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Has anybody used a Dell System with CT?
From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:05:35 -0000
Frank what you're looking to do is not impossible.

What you may want to consider as an alternative is to have your two
PC's connected to a device that will allow you to use the same
monitor, keyboard and mouse with either one.

Belkin makes a very good quality switch that you can get at any of the
major computer chains or via the Internet.

Please note:  To do this correctly, you'll need one of the electronic
switches like the Belkin that I refer to.  The less expensive,
mechanical switches will not allow you to toggle back and forth.  With
a mechanical switch, you must decide which computer you will use,
place the switch in that position, then turn on the computer and only
use that one.  The mouse and keyboard connections can get interrupted
with such a switch if you try to switch 'live' to the 'other'
computer.

A DB-9 serial port has all the connections you need.

Robert E. Naumann
N5NJ / V26O
N5NJ@arrl.net
www.qsl.net/n5nj