Re: [ct-user] How do send CW to an Orion?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] How do send CW to an Orion?
From: "VE3DZ" <va3uz@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:29:35 -0500
Mal,
unlike YEASU FT1000MP, most radios have front jack for paddle and rear jack
for keyer (or vise versa).
So if you use keying from your contest logger through interface you don't
need a keyer and you don't need to turn your internal keyer ON every time
you want to send something with your paddle.
Unfortunately with MP you have to switch it ON and OFF back and forth to be
able to send from paddle, unless you use external keyer (like in your case).

Yuri  VE3DZ