Re: [ct-user] How do send CW to an Orion?

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] How do send CW to an Orion?
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:21:02 -0500
K1EP:
 >The point here was that you can't use an external keyet (CT in this
case) and the internal keyer at the same time on the MP without manipulating
menus.

         Ed, I haven't ever used an internal rig
keyer...too awkward to adjust speed with that
tiny MP knob and inflexible for memories.  The
manufacturers could omit them as far as I'm
concerned.  I think the real point was to have
both computer and manual keying available, which
both Orion and the MP can do handily.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV