[RFI] RE: Concerning BPL video

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RE: Concerning BPL video
From: n6wg at earthlink.net (Bob Tellefsen)
Date: Sat Aug 9 12:56:37 2003
"Question:
Has anyone ever heard of a complaint filed by a ham that is experiencing
RFI from BPL?"

Hello Mike
I understand your point, but I have to ask a question or two of my own.
Just how well publicized are these BPL test areas?  Would a ham in the
area, but not part of the test, know about the tests and whom to contact
if he thought he had a problem due to the BPL test?  If he was only a casual
operator, and there certainly are many these days, he might not realize his
increased noise level was due to BPL and not a current solar event or some
terrestrial source.

So, I guess the question is, If we don't know there is a BPL test in our
area,
what tells us the noise we are hearing is or is not BPL?

Thanks and 73
Bob N6WG