[RFI] RE: Concerning BPL video

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RE: Concerning BPL video
From: w1rfi at arrl.org (Hare,Ed, W1RFI)
Date: Mon Aug 11 17:02:12 2003
> Well, it's obvious from the BPL video that BPL is indeed needed. I say
> this because of the bandwidth that is used up by all the unjustified
> negative publicity concerning BPL. After listening to the
> audio several
> times, I hear nothing that sounds like BPL. I'm a little
> confused. Maybe
> I down loaded the results of and interference complaint caused by a
> combination of power line sparking and several narrow band
> inside noise
> sources. I'll listen again.

Do I presume you have downloaded the ARRL video?  Those "several narrowband
inside noise sources" seen in test area #4 are better desrcribed as "several
hundred."  Those birdies are spaced about every kHz, for several MHz at a time,
heard for miles down any line carrying the BPL signal.

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab
225 Main St