[RFI] RE: Concerning BPL video

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RE: Concerning BPL video
From: n4zr at contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat Aug 9 14:50:53 2003
At 01:57 PM 8/9/03 -0400, Patrick A. Thompson Sr. wrote:
>Its pretty obvious, using your words, why there are no complaints filed from
>US hams regarding BPL. This particular form of BPL has yet to be deployed
>except in small test areas.
>
>You are at least correct in pointing to dimmers, etc.
>
>It appears that you have not studied the results from foreign sites. You
>should also take another listen to the video. If the first three locations
>don't speak to you then the fourth location using a different modulation
>method will.
>
>I suspect you have another agenda besides the good of amateur radio.
>
>And for the rest of you reading this, please forgive me for responding to a
>troll.

I disagree strongly with Mike on this, but I think your aspersions on his
motives are unfair.  He has done a tremendous amount of good for hams in
his company's area by identifying and fixing more prosaic forms of
powerline RFI.  The Pepco RFI program is a model of its kind, and that is
owed mainly to Mike's efforts.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4.
123 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm