[RFI] Lights flickering next door

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Lights flickering next door
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:35:33 -0700
I just got my 2nd RFI report from a neighbor.  Fortunately, it's only
my 2nd report in 4 years of operation.  I'd like to help them solve
the problem.  The claim is that the light(s) in their daughter's room
flicker when I operate.  I don't know yet if the lights are the type
that plug into an outlet or if they are built into the ceiling?  I
also don't know yet which bands may cause a problem.  I know how to
take care of it if they plug into an outlet (wind the light cord
through a toroid as many times as possible), but how would I deal with
it if the lights are plugged into a light socket in the ceiling?  I'd
sure rather not have to pull out the light socket and put a toroid in
there, but I could do that if necessary.  Any other thoughts?