Re: [RFI] Power Line Ultrasound Detector

To: Danny Richardson <k6mhe@adelphia.net>, RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power Line Ultrasound Detector
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:28:09 -0500
At 01:57 PM 8/16/2005, Danny Richardson wrote:

>Maybe this one?
>
>http://www.amazing1.com/accoustics.htm
>
>Danny, K6MHE

do NOT bother with this one...mike (w1mg) at ARRL loaned me the one
they had, i found what he did ...no good for what we want.
I took it to the poles that I & the ComEd tech were looking at with
the MFJ 852 & his Radar Engineers dish.... the poles were very hot ....
the 99$ dish WAS NOT . DID NOT EVEN REGISTER...

It did however , as the ad suggests , hear the babbling brook behind my house.
( when standing next to it)...

maybe the one we got as not working properly,,,
I think it was just an  amp on an ultrasonic detector....

bill

http://www.amazing1.com/accoustics.htm