Re: [RFI] Fw: Direct TV DVR problems

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fw: Direct TV DVR problems
From: Don Nelson <n0ye@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:38:37 -0700
We have had Dish for at least 10 years - i.e. the receiver/LNB are that
old. The receiver has never been connected to a phone line and we have
NOT been charged for not having that connection. However the
requirements placed on a customer can change with time. We are
"grandfathered" and treated differently than if we came in the "front
door" today.

I do occasionally get HF into the Dish/TV system. I have not spent time
yet to find the problem and mitigate it. The conflict does not occur
often. I am not sure it is band specific or HF antenna specific. My VHF
and higher transmissions do not bother the Dish.

Don, N0YE