Re: [RFI] RFI weekend from Hell...

To: "RFI RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI weekend from Hell...
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:02:12 -0800
: > Just think what unknowing homeowners with similar noisy CFL's and
: > electronics are doing to our RF resource !! It is no wonder I have such
high
: > noise levels and that the noise floor everwhere is increasing at an
alarming
: > rate.

I was thinking back to the mid-80's when I was heavy into SWL with my
Hallicrafters 8R40 and S-40B.  The WORST noise I ever had to deal with was a
neighbor using his power tools, about ten feet from my receiver, his garage
backed up against my shack and when Mom ran the mixer in the kitchen.  Wow,
a few seconds of hash every few days, it was miserable!

Kurt