Re: [RFI] CHECK your grounds.

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CHECK your grounds.
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:27:19 -0800
"The EARTH is a lousy conductor, and should NEVER carry current in a
power system.  A connection to earth is almost never part of a solution
to an RF or noise problem."

And yet no concern for the lack of safety in the system or that the only
"return" since 1981 was on the water that came out of the faucets...  I
measured 120 Volts between the flowing water, six inches out of the faucet
and an actual electrical "ground".

You assume everything was designed theoretically perfect and all components
acting as they should.  I also discovered random hot/neutral/ground swaps
and missing neutrals and grounds.  I also found 120VAC on a computer audio
line.

"A connection to earth is almost never part of a solution to an RF or noise
problem."

Almost never, except maybe when it's the cause.  Take into account when a
sytem was designed perfectly and there was a fault AND a bad ground
connection AND the ground system took the brunt of the current and the
smoldering arcing hole around the ground generated plenty of hash across the
spectrum...

Check your grounds.  Check everyhting else too.

Kurt