Re: [RFI] CHECK your grounds.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CHECK your grounds.
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 21:16:32 -0700
  Rick,

You are absolutely correct.  GFCIs only sense the differential current
between the HOT and NEUTRAL lines.  Any imbalance greater than ~5mA
causes a trip.  The current that causes the imbalance can flow to the
green wire ground or to any leakage path at all and the GFCI does not
know or care.

73,
Larry, W0QE