Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: kgordon2006@frontier.com, "rfi@contesting.com Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: "Dale J." <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:25:31 -0500
Ken if you have 20 db over noise then it's got to be very close to your
antenna.  If it's power line noise you should hear it on 10 meters and to zero
in get a air band receiver (its AM and vhf), zeroing in to a pole.  If it is
something else like a plasma TV those are more difficult to find and most
likely you won't hear them on the VHF band.  My next door plasma tears up 80
meters when they turn it on.  40 is also affected and to a less extent as I go
up the bands.

Good luck, I feel your pain

Dale, k9vuj