Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

To: D C _Mac_ Macdonald <k2gkk@hotmail.com>, Dave Harmon <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>, 'RFI' <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)
From: "w2ttt@att.net" <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:36:13 -0400
Mac,
If get the chance to see U-Verse, you will see amazing video quality because it
is end to end IPTV delivered to the DVR or set top box.  I have FIOS, and while
it is nice, you get the RF modulation artifacts to the set top box from the
Optical Network Terminal.  Overall, that seems to be more of a problem than IP
packet flow issues in U-Verse.  BTW I work for AT&T, but live in Verizon
territory here in New Jersey.  Overall speed, reliability, quality, and
customer service are AT&T's pluses, and FIOS only offers top speed which is no
big deal in relative terms.  My only U-Verse concern is that they don't carry
the NHL Network, but that was a business decision based on market demand.
Can't fault any business for wanting to make a profit!
73,
Gordon, W2TTT
201.314.6964

Sent from Samsung tablet