Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

To: "'Gary Smith'" <wa6fgi@yahoo.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)
From: "Ed K0iL" <eddieedwards@centurylink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 17:25:55 -0500
Well, yes and no on passing the buck.  Short story:  Based on PRB-1 the ZBA
actually approved the ham's request to exceed the 44' limit, but then the
ZBA asked the ham and planning dept to work together to change the ordinance
so that the ham community would not have to go to the ZBA on every tower
over 43'-9".  Initially the planning dept worked closely with the ham and
the group he assembled to craft modest changes.  It wasn't until the first
City Council meeting that we learned that the planning dept was actually
opposed to the changes they helped draft.  We didn't see that coming since
they seemed completely in favor of it while working to draft changes.
That's politics I guess.

One of these days, I'll find the old VHS tape of that Council meeting and
covert it to digital and put it on youtube.

Underground antennas are the solution... yea right!

73, de ed -K0iL