Re: [RFI] OH NO!

To: Joe - W7RKN <w7rkn.7@gmail.com>, "RFI Contesting" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] OH NO!
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:57:52 -0700
On 24 Apr 2014 at 11:31, Joe - W7RKN wrote:

> Turned on the radio this morning and what did I hear on 75 meters??!!...PLASMA
> TV INTERFERENCE!!
>
> Have no idea what neighbor has it...
>
> But....
>
> I took care of it!
>
> For my morning chat session on 3959, I cranked up junior..RMS'ing 1300
> watts...

Ha! Good on ya, Joe.

> After about 5 minutes of this, all was quiet.  Guess I will have to start up
> my
> eradication campaign again....

Carry on, Joe.

> Funny thing is...I **never** get into my own TV's...Telephones and sub
> woofers,
> Now that's another story....
>
> <<<EVIL GRIN>>>

Although I get into some of our local entertainment junk a very little bit on
some frequencies, I have suppressed most of it. It isn't all that hard.

I did notice the other day that our paper shredder, which is plugged into an
outlet about 10 feet from my rig, will start up as if it has had a sheet of
paper
put in it when I key my rig on some 40 meter frequencies. Interesting...

I suppose I should check my shack ground system...

Ken W7EKB