Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)

To: "RFI Contesting" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] VDSL (very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line)
From: Joe - W7RKN <w7rkn.7@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 18:34:32 -0700
Slight correction.....

A newly formed HOA *cannot* impose its new rules on an existing property owner. The laws expressly prohibit backwards enforcement.

We had a lady here in my neck of the woods trying to start an HOA, specifically because she felt my antennas devalued her property. She was not a happy camper to learn that anything she started, if she was successful in forming an HOA (she failed BTW) excluded my antennas, as I would have been grandfathered in, per law.

Joe - W7RKN

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed K0iL" <eddieedwards@centurylink.net>

Rob,

I agree with you 100%! We all need to keep operating or we will eventually
lose our privileges and our bands.

The mindset our society is moving toward is minority group rights trump the
majority individual (property) rights.  Don't like what your neighbor is
doing on his property?  Form a Home Owners Association and run him out.
Over the last 30 years they have perfected this by putting HOA contracts
place before the first houses are even sold.

Our numbers of active HF operators continues to shrink and the average age
of licensed hams continues to climb mostly because of limitations on their
homes blocking activity. Nearly all the people I've recruited to get a ham license in last 20 years have never operated HF from their home because they
live in restrictive neighborhoods.

With property rights becoming a thing of the past, it's only going to get
worse if we don't operate on the air.

73, de ed -K0iL

TV is just entertainment.  Amateur Radio is a licensed Radio Service.