[RFI] Cree LED Light Bulb

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Cree LED Light Bulb
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 19:55:13 -0500
We have a recessed can light in our shower. The tag inside states that a 60 W incandescent in the max it can accomodate, but even a 60 W reflector bulb has pretty wimpy output. I'd beenusing a 150 W equivalent 42 W CFL, but they don't last long. Based on what I've seen here, I went to Home Depot and snagged a Cree 75W equivalent (18 W consumption) flood light. It is quite bright and, as far as I can tell, RF-quiet at HF. I listened on on the AM BC band and 160-10 m during the day (so 80 and 160 are quiet) and heard nothing from it it. I also hear nothing from it on 2 m or 20 cm. So far, so good!

Kim N5OP
--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." //-- Attributed to many people; it's so true that it doesn't matter who said it./