Re: [RFI] Cree LED Light Bulb

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Cree LED Light Bulb
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 01:28:03 -0700
: We have a recessed can light in our shower. The tag inside states that a
: 60 W incandescent in the max it can accomodate, but even a 60 W
: reflector bulb has pretty wimpy output. I'd been using a 150 W equivalent

I think the rating has to do more with heat dissipation.

Speaking of which...  I have a couple of open rubber covered light sockets
hanging from a box in my garage, the type used for quickie lighting in a
construction area.  In one I placed a 100W "Reveal" bulb.

Guess how hot an open bulb hanging in free space gets?  Hot enough to melt
the solder!  The whole mess fell when the solder gave way and the socket
pulled off the wires.

Kurt