Re: [RFI] Urban noise

To: "rfi@contesting.com Contesting" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Urban noise
From: Tom Thompson <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 20:25:47 -0700
I forgot to mention that we were monitoring the entire 40m band.

Tom   W0IVJ

On 2/11/2016 8:23 PM, Tom Thompson wrote:
Yesterday, a friend of mine drove down a main street in the suburbs of Denver using a Perseus radio and a wide band antenna. On the 20 mile trip we experienced 45 dB of change in band noise due to various RFI sources. I was amazed at that amplitude range. In some places we were unable to hear any stations at all, and the spectrum displayed all sorts of RFI.

Really discouraging,

Tom   W0IVJ