Re: [RFI] Urban noise

To: dave@nk7z.net, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Urban noise
From: Tom Thompson <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 08:56:53 -0700
Hi Dave,

We were using a 3 ft. whip with a high impedance preamp into a Perseus receiver. The antenna system was mounted on the car using a mag mount. I use a similar setup with an SDRPlay receiver. Since the antenna system is broadband, you don't have to worry about a frequency sensitive antenna factor affecting your readings. One concern is that the receiver/preamp does not being overloaded with strong broadcast stations. We built our preamps with attenuation in the AM and FM broadcast spectrum.

Tom   W0IVJ