[RFI] small CMC

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] small CMC
From: David Hale <astronomerdave@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 16:10:33 -0700
I use K9YC-design CMCs (from the "Cookbook") all around the shack. I'd like
to make a small one for a portable EFHW. So in other words I'd like a #31
material core that is smaller than the Fair-Rite 2631803802 2.4 in core. Is
there such a thing? I can't seem to find one, partially hindered by not
having a part number but I wonder if this part is a victim to the
ubiquitous supply shortages.

I've seen various commercial "line isolators" which from their descriptions
are CMCs made with what looks like RG316 wound on what looks like about a ~
1 to 1 1/4 inch core. So presumably the part exists, though I suppose no
guarantees on what material they are using.

Thoughts on a portable CMC?

73, Dave N3WTK