OMNI VII

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI VII
From: ashworth@plaza.ds.adp.com (Dennis Ashworth)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:00:22 -0800
Having purchased my OMNI VI last November, an OMNI VII released soon would
cause great gut wrench personally. However, it seems prudent to provide
Tentec continuous input/feedback for that day when the OMNI VII does hit the
drawing boards.

Which brings me to one of VERY FEW complaints I have with my Omni ... the
filter selection button(s) placement. During CW contests (are there really
any other?), I frequently change filter settings. I have lost count of the
number of times my hand has accidently bumped the VFO knob while reaching
for the filter buttons. Additionally, it is very tiring, as I must raise my
arm/elbow off the operating desk to activate the buttons. Meanwhile, there's
a multitude of set-and-forget buttons on the right side of the panel (viewed
from operator) which are more easily reached, and ergonomically friendly. I
vote for moving the filter buttons down to the bottom right, and moving some
of the less frequently used buttons above the VFO knob.

Thanks,
Dennis, K7FL

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html