OMNI VII

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI VII
From: jedmonds.dit@state.va.us (Edmonds, J.B.)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 07:52:59 -0500
May as well throw in my 2 worth.

1.      Keep the same color scheme.  Its not bad and the other accessories
will match.  I have a Omni D Series C, Argosy II, 6m Xverter  and
Paragon.  Hate the mismatch.  Those of us that have multiple TT rigs
will love you.

2.      Keyer is OK but make it a useful one.  Quality design memory keyer
or at least add keyboard input capability (not keyboard only) or
computer keying.  Maybe a keyboard input jack that would drive both
RTTY, CW, PACTOR.  Granted it requires new functionality.  (Novel
idea, a built in multi-mode TNC)

3.      While we are on the subject put the software for the microprocessor
and keyer/TNC etc in "Flash ROM" so that it can be updated via the
RS-232 input.

4.      DSP at least in the audio section, perhaps switchable in or out??
 Better quality speaker in the PS/Speaker with perhaps the DS built-in
there.

5.      Keep the meter.  Maybe even a larger one with cross needles?

6.      Dual receiver as well as VFO.  Stereo jack so that you can listen
to both at the same time "a la" FT-1000.

7.      The KISS principle still applies.  Most of us would like an
affordable rig, simple to operate, uncluttered front panel with the
"neato" features under the covers and they just work magically without
forty-eleven knobs to figure out.  Big knob, big meter and BIG digital
readout.

8.      And Last of All    -----    Bring back the Corsair II with RS-232
as the entry level TenTec.  Put my order in for Serial Number 1.

J. B. Edmonds                           jedmonds.dit@state.va.us
Technology Acquisitions Manager
State of Virginia - DIT
110 S. 7th Street