[TenTec] Centry 21 as a rig

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centry 21 as a rig
From: whowell@hq.nasa.gov (Scott Howell)
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 12:47:17 -0400
well, I missed out on the chance for an Argosy do to financial reasons, but
perhaps when I'm ready I'll find one, but in the mean time I would like
some comments.
I for one would like to know a bit about the Centry 21. I've heard of the
rig, but know little.
I currently have an Omni-V which I like very much..no I love that rig.
ok, so for a secondary rig and no I dont' think an Omni-VI+ is possible yet
or good for my application.  I am intrested in a rig that is pretty compact
for travel operations and that's the main feature. I am also a 99.999% cw
op, but wouldn't mind having the talk ability for several reasons,
good/excellent filtering, qrp is fine, but 50 watts or there about would be
good in those special situations, and finally simple.
Yup, like me something simple like my Omni-V.
Ok so I'm considering the Scout as well.
Thoughts are welcome and appreciated. Ay maybe I'll learn something about
Ten-Tec gear in the process.

tnx es 73 de Scott/n3byy