[TenTec] Pegasus Software/PcPakRatt Version 1.0/NT 4.0 Performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Software/PcPakRatt Version 1.0/NT 4.0 Performance
From: SteveBaron@starlinx.com (Steve Baron)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:16:07 +0100
Karl,

Downloaded the Pegasus software this morning since I had not received a
response to my question as to whether it is 16 or 32 bit software.

The install is definitely 16 bit so one has to assume that the software is
16 bit.  TT has opted to distribute this software so that you cannot see
what is being installed and I am not about to blindly install and run the
risk of over writing DLL's, etc.

Seems to me we have heard that the software is done with Visual Basic and
one program runs on win 3.1, 3.11, 95,98, and NT.  So, the question would be
whether it is version 3 of VB or the 16 bit version of version 4.

ALthough NT will run many 16 bit applications, I think one has to ask how
well behaved your particular applications are and if they carry the 16 bit
Windows programming model to an extreme i.e. essentially constantly
executing.

Are you running these in separate machines ?

Does anything show up when you look at performance info under task manager ?

Did you ever try to run CT under 95 for CW ?  That also illustrates some
problems.