[TenTec] Pegasus Software/PcPakRatt Version 1.0/NT 4.0 Performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Software/PcPakRatt Version 1.0/NT 4.0 Performance
From: SteveBaron@starlinx.com (Steve Baron)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 16:22:29 +0100
Don't worry about the BIOS for many things - it isn't used except during
BOOT time and in some special compatibility cases.

It the software uses standard software to access the devices, you could drop
in better serail port cards e.g. Rocket.  Things that talk directly to the
ports are the real problems,.

Karls's case was NT.  While it is great that NT does run 16 bit apps, it
does not really make any super effort to do so, and running a 16 bit
frequently misses out on being able to take advantage of NT e.g. on serial
ports, not having the ability to take advantage of I/O Completion Ports.

And finally, yes C programs are generally smaller because they do not
support Windows.  Both a p[lus and minus.