[TenTec] Pegasus Software/PcPakRatt Version 1.0/NT 4.0 Performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Software/PcPakRatt Version 1.0/NT 4.0 Performance
From: SteveBaron@starlinx.com (Steve Baron)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 21:12:34 +0100
I believe that you get what you pay for.

The last time I looked there were over 200 flavors of Unix with many
significant differences.  There are now several flavors of Linux....any
differences ?

The use of core resident shareable packages goes back many years, at least
as far back as DEC's VMS.  They have also been available in QNX.

This is the alternative to the standard Unix approach of each application
carrying along its copy of a run time library - although that is changing.

The problem with DLL's is not the fact that it is a DLL, but rather a
consequence of how we do business these days.

MS writes a DLL; quality control is some what lacking.   Bugs appear or new
functionality is required so a new version appears.

Many developers could care less about worrying about DLL versions and really
do not act in a responsible manner.

Users are 'suckers' and will load anything - just to try it - especially if
a game, bootleg copy, etc.

Hard to see how Debian changes that.