[TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:35:05 -0500
As I understand it, the tuner problem is not because it is a T or an L network
type.  The problem is because the balun is feeding
power into a high reflected wave (swr).   Moving the balun to the input
corrects this problem.  If Ten Tec does not do this in their
most recient model, then their tuner still has the basic problem.  I have used
my Johnson Matchbox Antenna Tuner to operate o any
h.f. band, as well on 10 meters, while feeding my 80 meter antenna with
excellent results. - 73's-  Sherrill W.   k4own