[TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:17:49 -0500
I don't mean to keep beating a dead horse, but I really get a good laugh when
some of you microprocessor types tell me what narrow
bandwidth my old Johnson Matchbox has!  I have used it to feed 500 watts into
my 130ft. center fed zep from the low end of 80 meters
to the high end of 10 meters with perfect match beween the tuner and my
transmitter. Oh yes, for you mathematics types that is called
a conjugate match.  I'll agree,  I haven't tried to use it to load my 2 meter
rig into my 130 antenna as of yet.  I will conceed that
it lacks the bandswitch positons for the WARC bands. Heck, it was made 20 years
before those bands were even though of!   By the way,
on 10 meters I estimated the vswr at 8 to 1 and the old Johnson Matchbox and
the open wire line just keep on working great with
excellent signal reports and with no heating what -so- ever. ( Also, i conceed
that I have not tried to tune a mobile antenna with
it.) By the way, it was rated at 250 watts of 100 percent plate mo!
dulated A.M.  That translates to 750 watts of pep ssb!   Narrow bandwidth??
BALONY! -  Sherrill W. k4own.