[TenTec] Antenna Tuners for Balanced Antennas

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Antenna Tuners for Balanced Antennas
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:23:16 -0600
Thanks, Stuart.

I have an absolutely mint (10+) KW Matchbox but have only the docs for
the 250-watt Junior model.

What I would like to see for every tuner out there is a plot on a
Smith Chart for each band of the range of complex impedances that the
unit can match to 50 ohms resistive, and at what power levels. This is
not all that hard to actually measure ( requires only an antenna
analyzer and 50-ohm resistive load) and is a piece of cake to calculate
based on the tuner circuit.

This sort of detailed info would immediately separate the real tuners
from the component boxes.

Maybe some day . . .

72/73, George   W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas      NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county      QRP-L 1373
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 55th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756 PRO #02121 (9/00) Kachina #91900556 (12/99) IC-765 (6/90)