[TenTec] microphones and ten tec gear

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] microphones and ten tec gear
From: kf2hc@home.com (Brian - KF2HC)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 07:37:20 -0400
My wife and I have used a D-104, a Heil Pro Set 5 (with HC-5 element) and a
Ten-Tec 705 with our Omni VI Plus. We received no bad reports with the D-104
but she wanted a headset with a boom mike so I got her the Pro Set. The Pro
Set gets the best audio reports hands down. People have actually called us
on the air to say how great our audio is and to ask what kind of mike we're
using. Friends who are familiar with the sound of our Heil say the 705 is
"almost" as good. I've never had the opportunity to try a Heil desk mike
with the VI Plus. If you're looking for a desk mike I suggest going with the
TT-705. If you want a headset/boom mike combo the Pro Set is a winner. You
won't be sorry.

Brian KF2HC
kf2hc@home.com