[TenTec] ARRL reviews

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ARRL reviews
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:14:36 -0500
I agree ... which makes me ponder "IF" the Orion will get a fair review ...

FACT: The ARRL Review on the VL-1000 'forgot' to mention that
the final PA transistors ... are no longer being made ...

FACT: Despite horrible keying "pictures" ... no negative remarks
in the text mention the details as to this being a negative 'feature'.

It's almost like "Hey, we have to write the text this way, but PLEASE
be sure and LOOK at the pictures/numbers to see the REAL story".

FACT: The ARRL is "our" national organization, not a for-profit like
CQ, etc, etc ... if we can not trust THEIR data ... then whose can we?

Why can they not offer accurate, honest evaluations of equipment ...

73 Billy AA4NU