[TenTec] Tokyo Hy-Power QRP amps

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tokyo Hy-Power QRP amps
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:25:48 -0400
I just took a look at 97.315.  It is NOT "technically illegal" to import an
amplifier.  However, in order to import an amplifier, it has to meet certain
certification criteria [see 97.315(b) for full details, if you're really
interested)

The criteria are lengthy, but that would help explain why single amps that
may not be intercepted at customs, even if they don't meet all of the
technical qualifcations.

73, ron wn3vaw

"And they give you cash,
which is just as good as money!"