[TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout
From: attorney@broadcast.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:48:31 -0400
Where the problem becomes apparent is when frequency error far exceeds the
least significant display digit.  In other words, if the
display is meant to indicate an operating frequency down to 10Hz resolution,
what good is a 10Hz display digit when the allowable
specified frequency error is in the order of 80Hz to 100Hz?  We may as well
cover up the last digit with tape because its use
becomes irrelevant.  This was indeed my case prior to the installation of the
TCXO.

With the inclusion of the retro-fitted TCXO, my Omni Six deviates no greater
than 30 Hz from cold start-up on 10M.  If I want more
accuracy (e.g., digital modes), I tune to WWV at 10 MHz from the 30M band
button.  Checking the display accuracy becomes a very
simple procedure and I find the band-to-band frequency variances to be less
than 10 Hz.

-Paul, W9AC