[TenTec] Jupiter Audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Audio
From: n4lq@iglou.com (n4lq@iglou.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:48:49 -0500
I've seen similar post about the IC-756 pro being overdriven by strong
signals. The general cure seems to be the same, reduce the signal level
by turning off the pre-amp or adding attenuation or reducing the RF gain.
The problem seems to be due to the analog to digital converter not being
able to handle such strong signals and the common spin these days is that
adding selectivity ahead of the DSP is too expensive. It does seem the
the new breed of DSP radios requires more use of the attenuation and gain
controls that we used to ignore. N4LQ