[TenTec] Jupiter Audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Audio
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 06:00:57 -0800 (PST)
KB1LG commented: "I have observed (by ear) some
distortion on strong ssb (45/S9) Also looking at the
line out with a scope I observe clipping while
listening to an AM broadcast station (15/S9) The
clipping is  observed at when the level exceeds 6VPP."

It may or may not be mixer overload (K8DIT).  6V P-P
sure sounds high for a line level signal - it could
simply be overdriving the line level output.  Tune in
a signal that shows clipping on the line level output.
 Move your scope probe to the speaker output and turn
the af gain down and see if the signal is still
clipping.  If not, the problem could simply be
overdrive of the line level output.

73 & happy holidays,

Barry N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg