[TenTec] New ham looking at Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New ham looking at Pegasus
From: lodahlkh@charter.net (Keith Lodahl)
Date: Thu Mar 6 08:30:14 2003
I have stayed out of this because I don't have much experience with the
radios you were interested in comparing.  I started out with a used Yaesu
757GX, then bought an original Icom 706.  Last fall I purchased a Jupiter,
and am amazed at all the radio I had been missing with the other two.  I
still have all three radios.  I enjoy the 706 in my mobile station and it is
great for that.  The Yaesu is a backup radio and is currently being used by
one of my MARS associates who is having his rig repaired.  The Jupiter is by
far the best radio I have ever used, and I continue to learn more about it's
fine features the more I use it.  I got it used for a great price, but I may
as well have bought a Pegasus.  I rarely use the front pannel having been
spoiled by N4PY's great software interface that makes using this radio a
breeze.

Good luck with your decision.  I wish I had started with a radio this good,
but I wouldn't have had the baseline to appreciate just how good my Jupiter
is.

Keith Lodahl
KB9NUM NNN0ACS
President, Rock River Radio Club