Re: [TenTec] Keying lockup problem continued

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Keying lockup problem continued
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:05:01 -0500
Better cables may not be the answer.  Most likely it is RF getting into the
transceiver via any of the cables connected to the rear connectors on the
transceiver.  Key, audio in/out, PTT, power, speaker, etc etc.  I'd suspect
that it is RF being radiated from the antenna that is being picked up.   Is
the antenna for the band causing the problem closer to the radio than others
that do not cause the problem?

Additional bypassing on the inside rear at the connectors might work.  Don't
over do it as excessive capacity could have a negative effect on the
required in and out signals.  Start with .001 mf and work your way to .01 or
maybe a .05.

73
Bob, K4TAX