Re: [TenTec] MAJOR dead Orion problem with update

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] MAJOR dead Orion problem with update
From: "Jeffrey Griffin" <jeffrey.griffin@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:07:31 -0400
 John thanks for the info, before I went to bed last night I read your
email, and the ram erase worked. All is well now.  I would of called TenTec
before I send the Orion in ,but your info made me sleep better! I didn't get
your phone call till this AM off of my answering machine as we turn the
ringer off at night.
 Now this all bring's up another problem. I'm not one who programs alot of
frequencies into my HF rig's memory. But, I still have to program 36 band
stacking registers, 4 or 5 other settings, and record 2 voice messages. It
would be nice to have a program to read the content's of the transceiver,
massage it to comply to any updated Orion format changes and write it back
out. I would think that someone who has programmed in all 200 memories would
be a bit more upset then me at this point.
 This is a great internet group. Not one 'I must be dumb' reply about my
problem, I even got a late night phone call from  John concerned that I
might ship for no reason. It is very refreshing ...

73 Jeff kb2m